Brantz International Tripmeters - Calibration
Customers are welcome to visit our Tarvin showroom and workshops, we are open most days, but please call before you visit as we do work away on occasionally.
- At the Start of the measured Test Distance, whether 1 Mile or 1 Kilometre. Line up the centre of the front wheel with the Start marker
- ZERO all Displays
- Set the switches at 100 (Laser 3 set at 0000)
- Drive the set Distance and bring the centre of the front wheel in line with the Finish marker
- Make a note of the Recorded Numbers now showing in the Display Windows (e.g.. 06.78 = 678)
- Re-set the switches exactly to the same numbers, in this example set them to 678.
Tips & Know How
Calibrating your Electronic Tripmeter for optimum results.
An incorrect calibration setting produces an incorrect readout!
NO Wheelspin! and NO Cutting Corners!
Never assume that your last event or Motorway Test session set-up, is correct.
At the Start of every event always recalibrate your Tripmeter to the organisers Test Distance. (who can guarantee what a measured Mile/Kilometre is? no one)
If the Test Distance is greater than 1 Mile/Kilometre, use a calculator and simply divide the Test Result by the Test Distance. e.g.The Organisers specify a Test Distance of.05.50 Miles/Kilometres. (With the Tripmeter in Calibration Mode the Test Result is showing 37.29 which means it is 3729 measured units, which when divided by 05.50 = a Tripmeter setting of 678. Therefore set the switches at 678 (3 switches or digits) or 0678 (4 switches or digits).
If the Test is circular, e.g. 04.20 Miles/Kilometres, drive the Test Distance non-stop for 5 laps and then divide the Test Result by the 5 laps covered and then by 04.20 to give your correct switch settings. This produces a finer tuned Tripmeter and is well worth the effort.
On Brantz & Retrotrip units, if your calibration Set-up is 499 or lower, then increase your accuracy by using a BR52 Pulse Doubler.