Don Barrow Super 1:50,000 Romer Features
Don's original Pear Drop Design for
- BIG BOLD Numbers for EASY Plotting
- Heavy Grade Plastic similar to Debit Cards
- Non-reflective - Matt finish
- Only one Scale to concentrate on
- No others to distract or confuse you
- Holes for Plotting Quiet Zones
- And Plotting (OOB's) Out of Bounds
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m Radii
- All the main Compass Points
- Simple outer edge measuring Scales
- In both Miles & Kilometres
- Extra hole to attach a cord, which then
- Hangs the Romer for instant use
- Size 77mm x 77mm
The Grid Lines on a 1:50,000 Scaled map are spaced at every 2cm which equals 1 Kilometre, thus creating a series of Grid Squares. The Grid Lines are numbered from West to East and South to North which produce a Grid with numbered Squares.
When plotting a 6 figure Map References with a Don Barrow Super Romer you must always remember the first 3 numbers are relating to West to East and the second 3 numbers are relating to South to North, there is an old saying of, 'Along the hall and up the the stairs' to remind you of the order of Plotting.
The calibrations on the top right hand corner of the Romer subdivide the Kilometre square into tenths. So using the example which shows a M.R. Plot of 094695, you would Plot a M.R. of 09.4 East of the origin within the square to the right (East) of the vertical Grid Line 09 and above (North) of the horizontal Grid Line 69. The right hand corner of the Romer is now pointing to the exact Plot of 094695. Mark this Plot with a 2B pencil and then draw a 1 cm circle around for easily locating later.